We are child free and not at work for a few days so I’m keeping the menu open so we can pop out for tea if we choose so not a lot on my meal planning this week.
- Spring Greens and Goat’s Cheese Risotto http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2083674/spring-greens-and-goats-cheese-risotto
We only get spring greens when the school guinea pig comes to stay for the holidays! Just remembered we liked this one last time he was here.
- Tuna Mayo Pasta
As the title really with some added sweetcorn and whatever ‘secret’ ingredients my husband puts in then smothered in cheese.
I’ve never made, or eaten, or even heard of these before but they sound simple enough so might give them a try.
- 270g soft light brown sugar (I use light muscavado or a mix of light and dark if I’ve not got enough light)
- 2 eggs
- 200g peeled bananas, mashed (another tip is to put any over ripe ‘nanas in the freezer for when you’re ready to make this. Simply pop them in the microwave for 1 minute to defrost and no mashing required)
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp each of baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger
- 140g unsalted butter, melted
Bob them in a mixer in that order then bake in a 170C oven for about an hour. You can add less spice and more ‘nana to suit different tastes.
It tastes so good still warm from the oven but the best part is that slices of this can go in the frying pan the next day for breakfast yum yum. Sprinkle with icing sugar if you wish.