Week 12: Patterns – Stripes
I bought some striping tape a while back and wasn’t really inspired by it so it just sat there looking sparkly so far. I decided to give it another try but
a) the pink striping tape I used bled into the grey base coat I was using and
b) I ended up accidentally brushing the finished effort into some not quite dry purple nail polish doh.
Before the purple polish accident I was quite happy with the result (it looked rather like a mans tie as I had put the tape on diagonally) so I was spurred on to try another combination:
Base: Nails Inc Floral Street left to dry overnight
Tape: White striping tape from eBay – this one didn’t bleed at least and I used it as a mask so the ends were left suitably long for easy removal.
Middle: Nails Inc Spitalfields. I removed the tape whilst this was still wet.
Top: Urm, can’t quite remember which one I used as I have a few that give this pearl effect. I didn’t really like the deep groves this method left so this was an attempt to disguise that.
Verdict: You may have noticed I used a false nail again and that’s because the application of tape in dead straight lines was really difficult! It’s definitely something that needs a steady hand and lots of practice added to the fact the base coat must be completely dry or the tape will pull it off.